Emulsions are much more benefit than cutbacks. These are given below;
- Emulsions are environmental friendly. Emulsions have no effect on environment, because in emulsion there is no such diluent which has negative effect on environment.
- Emulsions are cheaper than any other binding material containing same properties.
- Emulsions can easily apply even at low temperature. Therefore, this saves the cost of fuel.
- These have no side effects, safe to use.
- It can be applied even wet surfaces. There is no requirement of dry surface before spraying
Cutbacks have some benefits, but also have many disadvantages too.
- Cutbacks are not environmental friendly. Cutbacks create air pollution, because in cutbacks solvent is not water which evaporates after spraying.
- As in case of cutbacks solvent is not water that become the reason of high energy diluents wastage in the atmosphere.
- Cutbacks are not safe to use, because of high energy products chances of catching fire is possible.
- Cutbacks cannot be applied at every temperature. Therefore, in this an extra fuel cost is required.
- Dry pavement is required for spraying of cutbacks. Therefore, these cannot be applicable on wet surfaces and due to this reason many days will be required for drying of surface.